Since I decided to take today as part of my rest day, I decided to reflect on my resolution goals for 2012. I realized suddenly that I have not set any short-term “mini goals” for this year. This may be why I’ve been struggling with feeling like a hamster in a wheel-running, running and getting nowhere- especially in the goal weight department.
Last year I set a lot of mini goals and those in turn lead to overcoming greater goals, most of which I had not even given a second thought to even attempting, much less completing! This has taught me a valuable lesson that no matter how small the goal, it gives you something to focus on and work towards, so that in the end you will have accomplished something much greater than you planned on achieving.
Setting goals is just plain S.M.A.R.T! :)
So here are my short-term goals from now – March:
• run no less than 1mi a day (I believe this will help me in the long ‘run’ with my running resolutions)
• weigh 120 again by Jan.28th. (I’ve been battling 4lbs of post-NYE holiday/hormonal/stress gain, so annoying!)
• run the Sole2Soul Scoot 5k on Feb. 4th
• “launch” day of my Zumba classes (tentative date of Feb.11)
• weigh 117 by Feb. 18th
• weigh 114 by March 10th
• weigh 110 by March 24th (and celebrate that you are have completed your ultimate goal!!!!)
—Regarding my weight goals, I decided to set a 3lb-in 2 weeks – mini goal for each goal weight. Since these last 10 lbs are being extremely difficult to drop, I figured that setting a 3lb loss within 2 weeks is absolutely realistic.
I feel better already setting the mini goals and am already looking forward to working towards these and being able to celebrate each miniature milestone!
Now I can’t wait for tomorrow! A new day and a fresh start towards accomplishing these challenges!!!!